7 July 2014

review & swatches // collection cosmetics pink lipsticks

Another lipstick review/swatch for you on the blog today! This time, they're from the Collection Cosmetics Lasting Colour lipstick range that recently launched in New Zealand. I recently got to try out three of their pink lipsticks for a post I did for XYNZ magazine; check it out here!

 The shades (from left to right) are: Pink Shock, Bubblegum and Sweet Tart. The long lasting colour and smooth formula makes these perfect to wear all day. Plus, they also have added SPF15; bonus!

Pink Shock is a pretty accurate way to describe this colour; a very bright, almost-but-not-quite-neon pink. It's very pigmented and actually left a nice stain on my lips when I removed it (which would be fine most of the time, but not when you're doing a swatches!)

Bubblegum is a cool-toned, light but bright milky shade with a tiny hint of frost. It's not as quite opaque as the other two colours and takes a few more layers to build up the intensity. However, it's still a very pretty colour and applies like a dream.

Sweet Tart is my favourite shade out of the three; a corallish berry colour that suits my skin tone really nicely. I can't wait 
to wear this one in Spring/Summer!

Arm swatches

Overall, I think these lipsticks are amazing value considering their low price tag, great staying power and colour pay off. I'm definitely curious to try out Collection Cosmetics' other lipsticks and products now too, so if you've tried out any goodies, 
let me know what you thought of them!

6 comments :

  1. Love these photos - very simple and allows for the lipsticks to really stand out :)

    I think my favourite out of these is Sweet Tart as well!

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are so pretty! I usually use darker red lipsticks, so I"ll have to try out some brighter pink shades now! I love how bold Pink Shock is. Definitely a great shade for summer!

    Best,
    Christina

    looksbylau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I love their Bubblegum lipstick and I use it all the time! I love your blog and I have started following you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!
    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review you have here. I love all the shades, and Sweet Tart is beautiful especially on you! <3

    x Che, http://happydiscosadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all, the photography is lovely and bright that gives nice detail focus on the lipsticks. The colors are bright and fun;p

    Joua, www.jouatotherescue.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors! Great review and amazing blog! Followed you btw ♥

    x
    www.c-mae.com

    INSTAGRAM

    GFC

    ReplyDelete