2 February 2014

favourites // janaury '14

To kick off this New Year, I thought I'd start doing monthly favourites posts to document my top products/clothing/food/ miscellaneous items as the year goes on. This definitely isn't a new concept, with many bloggers before me posting their own favourites lists; but I always enjoy reading these kinds of posts, and I hope you enjoy mine too! (P.S. Was it just me, or did the first month of 2014 fly by super fast..?!)

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter: I grabbed this little pottle of goodness while in Brisbane at the start of the month after forgetting to pack my own. I've tried a few Body Butters from The Body Shop, and this one (like the others) did not disappoint. It smells just like a strawberry smoothie and feels like a dream when applied.

Cotton On beach towel, ASOS bikini, Chicwish sunglasses: Three beach essentials I can't live without during these hot summer months here in NZ, all in various shades of pastel (naturally). 

Vera Wang Princess eu de toilette spray: I received this as a gift from my boyfriend two Christmas's ago, and as you can see I've barely used any at all. It's not that I don't like the scent (in fact, I LOVE the scent), I just always forget to put it on the morning. But this month, I've been making a conscious effort to spray some on everyday before I head out the door, and am thoroughly enjoying this sweet and youthful fragrance.

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, e.l.f. Powder Brush: Well, the photo speaks for itself really.. These two go together like milk & honey, plus they are both ridiculously affordable. I clearly need to replace my powder ASAP, and am currently tossing up between repurchasing this one or trying out the Rimmel Stay Matte powder (which I have also heard great things about). If you've tried out either of these products, I'd love to hear what you think of them :)

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green: Being an avid VlogBrothers fan, John Green's books have been on my to-read list for quite some time. This is the second book of his that I am currently enjoying (the first being Looking for Alaska). And because I am slightly OCD about things like this, I have decided that I must read all of his books in the order that he wrote them, even though they aren't at all related to one another..

Watermelon: To me, this fruit is the definition of summer (along with the sun, the beach and all that other good stuff). I've eaten this at least twice a week this month, and have enjoyed every delicious bite of it. Now I'm just waiting for the day I find a yellow-fleshed watermelon at the supermarket.. (those of you who have tried it will know what I'm talking about!)

19 comments :

  1. I want sun, summer time and already eat watermelon on a hot day :) kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too long til Summer comes back around :)

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are really nice and vibrant (even if they're not the main focus).
    I'm also reading The Abundance of Katherines and I'm totally in love with it right now! All the concepts and thoughts in it are kind of mind-boggling.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce; I'm glad you're loving the book as well!

      Delete
  3. Been nodding at all of your choices; they're perfectly in tune with the sunny season! Especially watermelon, I'm glad you included that. ;) Your bikini is also incredibly pretty. You have remarkable taste.
    Also have a great remainder of summer, Helena x

    LUCID STARS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon is a definite must-have; thanks so much Rachel, you always leave the sweetest comments xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ah, me too, smells so good ♥

      Delete
  5. i love all your favourites makes for an awesome post thanks for sharing!
    and i must say these photos are gorgeous!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen, I tried really hard to make them pretty! Haha xx

      Delete
  6. amazing post, love!

    xx,
    www.liviapangdoko.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, pretty pictures. I'm totally in love with your sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were crazy affordable as well :D

      Delete
  8. ooh i love your asks bikini!! its sooo cute :D I'm so jealous its warm for you right now ;P haha

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kat, it's probably my favourite xx

      Delete
  9. I just found your blog and I LOVE IT! Followed on Bloglovin'. Must read that John Green too. Watermelon is my favourite summer snack xx

    eleseaesthete.com

    ReplyDelete